Thursday, October 16, 2014

Language


Silas is not saying too much yet (at least things that make sense), but the other week I was amazed to realize how much language he actually understands.  A couple things I already knew he understood.... when I say "bananas" he looks up and points to the bananas in the basket.  He knows "kisses" because he gives a good one when you tell him too.  And he says "up" like a champ.  But the other day I asked him to find certain things in the living room.  I said "Silas can you bring me a block?" and he found a block and brought it to me!!  He did the same thing with a sock, a book, and a ball!  I have been trying to teach him words, but because he hasn't been actually speaking the words I just assumed he didn't know yet.  But he does, and he knows words that I haven't even been working on that much!  It's the little things, but such proud mama over here!


So far we are having a great Fall!  Last weekend I worked a craft show at a festival and Silas came to visit with daddy.  They had alpacas there and Silas loved them... he growled and tried to grab their ears ;)  The weather was beautiful and there was lots of pumpkins and Autumny (I might have made that word up) things everywhere!  This weekend we are going to try to make it to an orchard/pumpkin patch.  Can't wait for Silas to actually enjoy it this year, as last year he was still too little to know what was going on.



No comments:

Post a Comment