Monday, November 25, 2013

As of lately...

We officially moved Silas into his crib over the weekend, and started sleep training along with the transition.  For those unsure of what sleep training is (I didn't know myself until about a month ago), it is basically the process of trying to get your little one to sleep through the night, or at least sleep longer than what they normally do so you as a parent are getting up less. 

We usually put Silas to bed somewhere between 9 and 10.  We have a little routine we go through but nothing crazy (diaper change, sleepwear, sleep bag, bottle - bath first if it is a bath night).  Jordan always feeds him the bottle before bed and majority of the time Silas starts falling asleep while drinking the bottle so he goes down for bed pretty easily after a good burp.

Silas had been sleeping a good 6 or 7 hours straight for awhile, but over the past month he seemed to revert back to waking up more often and sleeping shorter amounts (I guess this is pretty common), but waking up three times a night to feed him was getting pretty old for me.  First night of sleep training he woke up around 2:30 and instead of getting up and feeding him, we just let him go.  He fussed for a few minutes, and Jordan was just about to try giving him the pacifier when we heard him sucking on his hand, which he was able to soothe himself back to sleep with! Great!  He woke again around 4:30, and I decided to get up and feed and change him at this point.  He went back to sleep easily, and woke again at 7.  We could have gotten up with him at this point to start the day, but hey, it was the weekend, and we are going to try and sleep in a little longer if we could!  We let Silas fuss for a bit, and again, Jordan was about to give the pacifier, but before he could, baby was asleep again.  He slept for about another hour and a half and woke around 8:30.  Overall a pretty good night!  The next night was similar, but instead of waking up at 7, he slept right up until about 8.

The end goal of this is to try not to get up at all, but as of right now Silas is sleeping around 10-12 hours a night and I feel getting up once to feed him during that time is quite reasonable.  I am sure he could probably go eight hours without a feeding, but timing-wise getting up once in the middle of a 12 hour period works just as well for now.

-----------------

This past weekend was also the first time we got a significant amount of snow, and the temperatures were absolutely frigid out there.  It definitely gets you in the holiday spirit though and I think we are all excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

-----------------
As far as things go with me, I am recovering quite well from my procedure/mini-surgery that I had on Tuesday.  I actually felt great the next day already and seemed to have a burst of energy, vacuuming the house and painting furniture.  The pain that I was having before the procedure immediately vanished and I have high hopes for being totally pain free very soon!  Yay!  My check up is December 17 and if everything checks out okay, I can start moving around like I used to and hopefully be able to shed these last pounds of baby weight!!  (I might as well wait until the new year though because I know all the holiday food will counteract with any working out I may or may not be doing ;)

-----------------

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment